2017 was a year of many accomplishments for me.
I had several personal exhibitions:
- ‘Retrospective’, Jukes’, Hove, ongoing
- ‘Ashé’, Jubilee Library, Brighton, October
- ‘Memories from my island’, Sunshine, Books, Art and Coffee, Brighton, April to October
- ‘Journeys’, Plenty Café, Brighton, April
And participated in 3 collective exhibitions:
- It’s All About Culture, Shelley Theatre, Bournemouth, October
- Open House, Black and Minority Ethic Community Partnership, Brighton, May
- Art Junky, Phoenix Gallery, Brighton, March
I entered several competitions both in the UK and abroad:
- the Ashurst Emerging Artist Prize 2017 with the Oak Tree and Tiger Gallery in London
- Mostyn Open 20 with Mostyn Agored Gallery in Wales
- The NN biennal Open Exhibition with the Northampton Contemporary Art gallery
- Carifesta visual art exhibition in Barbados
I made contacts with curators in Italy, France, Cuba and Switzerland.
And my most coveted project Wingless Angel is in its inception phase.
A lot is in the pipeline. Much to be excited about….